Having set myself the ‘anything beginning with A theme’ I was actually stumped as to what to use for this Scandart Sunday until, dusting away Christmas, the deco perfume bottle drew my attention to its antique, art lines.
3-D scanning necessitates an open lid, giving a dark background which is sometimes desirable, as here it enhances the light in the glass bottle’s gold ornamentation. As much a deco, as an art nouveau motif, my rather ancient peacock feathers were an appropriate accompaniment and rejuvenated with colour and detail, under the scrutiny of the scanner
In Smart Photo Editor I composited the two images together – layering one over the other and blending them with a Luminosity opacity. The ‘b&w partial coloration’ effect gave a burnished, central focus whilst the texture filter ‘etp 001′ visually integrated and re-introduced the peacock hues. 1 The final texture effect ‘etp 011′ provided a block print background to match the ‘Raconteur’ font for my “Perfume and Peacocks” artdeco abstract. 2
Amazing what can be done without a camera! If you want to share the artistry of your scans, do join me:-
- create your own post : ‘Scandart Sunday: theme title’.
- [my themes are a prompt rather than a requirement]
- add your post link in the comments below
- so that others can find it, place a link to this page in your post
Next month’s theme will be ‘Anything beginning with B’ – 3/2/13
1. etp: ‘explore the possibilities’ Smart Photo Editor effects
2. Download the art deco font Raconteur